Saturday, September 22, 2007

Management problem I am facing


Time is representing money in this society. We must rush on something in any moment. If we want to achieve our goals, we have to know how to live and manage our time. Managing time is the most difficult issue I have currently. Most of my time I go to school, and I owrk in weekends as well. My classes start at 9:30 am to 9:20 pm; although there are gaps in between classes, but I really don't know how I may manage my time to study. Sometme I want to spend my short hour break to read my books; sometime I want to spend my break to do my homeworks. However, my mind could not pick any choice after I sat down in the library. It keeps asking myself , should I do this first, or do that first. Consequently, I did nothing ; I watsed my breaks for sat in library for nothing .

4 comments:

WPX said...

As a full time student and full-time employee, I face that problem, as well but you must learn to manage. I see that your schedule is fragmented. You must consolidate your schedule or you will never be able to get anything in perspective. Once you have things in perspective, you need to prioritize your workload. If you can not consolidate your scedule than you must prioritize on a daily basis.

Serena said...

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I'm a full time student and work part time. I agree with what you said in the comment, about the opportunity cost concept we learned in the economic classes. Pick A or pick B? Do I loss more if I choose A or B? What I found helpful is when I write down a schedule of what I want to and will be doing each day. Perhaps if you try the same thing, even just making plans on what you will be doing the next few hours and the next days will help.

Publius said...

I have the same problem as you. In my blog I also wrote about managing the time. When you work full time and study full time it is hard. I have the classes monday thru thursday from 540 - 920. The only time for studying is during the weekends. There is one important thing to underline. Passing the courses it is not everything.. passing the classes with the good grades - that's the challenge. GPA counts :( but don't worry... you are not alone in this struggle ;)

Paris said...

Sounds to me like we all have the same problem. My best suggestion is to just pick something and get it done. It might not be what you wanted to do first but productivity is something that, once you make it happen it is easier to continue. What I am saying is it is obviously easiest to continue to sit there and make yourself believe it was the decision of chosing that kept you so occupied. However, it is the mindset to actually do something that will work out best for you. Once you pick up that book and start reading maybe you will read a chapter and say to yourself, "okay, moving on, time to do some homework." It is obviously always easier said than done but "lets make it happen!"