Monday, October 22, 2007

Decision Making

Accord to the decision making activity we had on 10/15/2007, I learned something new which making decision is not as easy as I thought. In order to make a good decision, first, we have to have a good leader who knows how to manage two didferent groups , agree and disagree. Secondarly, other members beside the leader have to respect the leader and themselves. This means we need to say out ourselves ideas and listen other ideas as well. Then, the leader who make a powerful and satisfy decision which everyone in the class agree with. All the points I mentioned above were not exist in the 10/15/2007 section of the MGT 3120 class.
Personally, I did not use any method to make decision on the 10/15/2007 section of the MGT 3120 class. The reason I did not use any method because there are many classmates gave out their own ideas where we may not be able to generalize them all in a short time of class period. And the class was so mess, just like fight a cold war. Therefore, I stayed silence and paid attention to the ideas they wrote on the blackboard. But I did disagree ideas which they are not satisfy to myself. In general class participation, I think we were using the collaborating method from the decision making debrief slides. We all focused on one goal which we want to get curve and extra credits to our first exam grade. I don't think there is any other way to handle the conflict beside the three points I mention earlier. If we are not respecting anyone, we never make any good final decision in the world.

4 comments:

JL said...

Everybody have their right to speaker out, vote and get what is good for themsleve and everyone. If you have any idea that you think is good, you must speak out. It may be work or may be not, no one know. If you don't present it, then it 100% not work.

Amy Su said...

I know how you feel about the class activity. IT WAS A MESS!! No one really listen to each other and there are just too many voices. Yes, we should have all speak out, but there were just too much screaming and disorder that our voices faded out in the the class. Well.. I guess respect is the key attitude when having a group decision making like this. Unfortunately, it's really hard to carry out. Not that people don't respect each other, it is that everyone is focus on their self-interest that they forgot other people's idea matters too. Hey, lesson learned, at least if there is another group discussion like this, we'll know what to expect and how to react.

Desdy said...

Hola!
The process that you took was fair enough for you and the rest of the class. You were a team player and I personally thank you for that. I on the other hand took a different process but that’s does not mean it was better or worse than yours. What really counts is that we worked as a team to come out with the final proposal.

Yu Huang said...

That day it was jus too chaotic. Everybody was trying to get his/her point across but no one was willing to listen to other until the the very end. It was just me me me and me. I wish we could have thought of other people besides ourselves. This was a horrible experience.