Monday, November 5, 2007

The Power of Vision

As the professor said, Vision without action is just a dream, action without vision merely waste time. Therefore I don't waste any minute from my life. Every minute in my life I am taking action with vision. The first vision I have is to be a professional accountant after five years or even less than five years. Study accounting is my first and majority goal in my life. I start and take actions from one year ago for my first goal. I transferred from City College to Baruch which it offer greater opportunity for students. And Baruch has professional accounting professors which City college does not have these advances. City College does not have business majors as well. In Baruch College, accounting major is the most difficult major that most student said so. Some students changed their major after they took one or two accounting major courses. They think majoring accounting in Baruch is just kill students' themselves from graduation. However,I would put more efforts to study and hope I can graduate from Baruch within accounting major. Actually, graduating from Baruch is my second goal as well. My goal just like a stair way. If I fall in any step from beginning, I could not able to achieve my goal at all.
The third goal I have is I hope I can get a position in one of the biggest accounting firm in the United States. all my future goals are challenge to myself. I am making competition with myself, but not others. Actions I am taking today is studying in one of the greatest business college. I am taking accounting major courses for graduate required. Also, I am learning and gaining little accounting experience from my work which it relates to accounting. I am not only learning from whatever books say, I am learning from real life experiences too.

6 comments:

Dva said...

Accounting is a very competitive field at Baruch and to me its also hard.so i personally would do anything but that!
i commend you on being focused and encourage you to keep at it.your stairway analogy also made a lot of sense.to get "up" in life you need to take you goals one step at a time, in small increments, in order to get where you want to go, achieve your vision and achieve it successfully.

Athena

shuhuang said...

I am really glad that you are so into your major as an accountant and getting the experience at the same time. I, myself, am also an accounting major and I like the subject too. Then problem with me is that I am not doing so well as I thought I will. I have to find some way to improve my knowledge in accounting. I think it's because I need real practice, like what you are having right now. You have a job that helps you get more experience in you major, which is a very precious advantage.

I think that will succeed greatly into graduating from Baruch College with an Accounting degree. Keep going until you've reach your vision to be an accountant.

Sharisse said...

Accounting is by far one of the hardest majors in Baruch. The school puts a lot of pressure on you to do well in that major and the competition is fierce. My major is Accounting as well, but unfortunately I hate the subject now. I'm going to continue with it but only because I've gone so far and its a good backdrop for whereever you go in life. I'm glad to see that you are so enthused about the major though. Just make sure you keep your head in those books and study study study because believe me, its no joke!!

oneisland said...

I can feel that you set your goal firmly and vividly. It is good that you know how to make a step to achieve your goal. Even though, the accounting field is not easy, you are getting closer every moment if you keep moving forward. Hope you enjoy the courses you take. That is one of the way to move forward. "Enjoy"

JL said...

Graduate at Baruch College in Accounting major is not that hard. Especially if you really putting time on it and you love it.
It is not necessary to work in "BIG" accounting firm is good. As my knowledge, there are limit thing that you can learn from big firm since there divide the project to many small department. You have to learn and specialize into that section. Instead of working in a big firm, you might want to consider to work in a small or midium firm. Since they have limit manpower and you have to work through the whole project with a small group. You definately can explore and learn lot more. It is just a little opinion from me and hope it will be helpful for you. Good luck.

izzy said...

I think that it's great your motivation on graduating with an accounting degree is high. It is definitly one of the most difficult majors, but once you're finished you'll probably have a great sense of accomplishment. I'm also an Accounting major, and I'm struggling with it, but I have to work hard to get the desirable results. Good luck!!